Apprentice – Motor Vehicle Apprentice
Brief overview of the role
Working alongside experienced and qualified staff you will learn all aspects of Motor vehicle maintenance. Working under supervision you will work towards being responsible for a range of varied tasks.
30 Nov 2016
Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Expected apprenticeship duration
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working alongside experienced and qualified staff you will learn all aspects of Motor Vehicle Maintenance.
Working under supervision you will work towards being responsible for the following tasks:
- Carrying out general services to vehicles
- Tyre checks and changes
- Working on clutches, gear boxes, time belts etc
- Carry out reasonable instructions from lead technician or Senior Managers
- Ensure that all Health and Safety standards are maintained and that you show due diligence at all times
- Comply with all company policies and procedures e.g. health and safety, training & development, quality, disciplinary & grievance and sickness & absence etc.
To carry out any other reasonable requests to meet the needs of the business
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate would be:
- practically minded
- have good technical awareness
- have a ‘hands-on’ approach
- relish the challenge of physical work in an industrial environment
- have a good work ethic strong focus on working safely
- Good communicator with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise work/tasks.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Having a good, positive, can do attitude
- Personable, enthusiastic and trustworthy
- A willingness to learn.
- Good attention to detail
- Driving licence would be an advantage.
- Possibly have a hobby/interest in fixing/tinkering with mechanical devices/bikes/machines etc
5 GCSE grades C or above in Maths, English, Science and preferably Design and Technology or equivalent.
- Apprenticeship leads to permanent employment.
- Further in-house and external training and development available for the right candidate.
- For the right candidate, possible continuation of education and academic studies i.e. HNC.
Things to consider
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies.
Do not contact the employer direct, or this may result in your application not being considered.
Any offer of apprenticeship/employment will be subject to successful completion of a colour blind assessment
Assessment, pre-interview and Day release element of this apprenticeship will be held at Dunnings Bridge Road, Liverpool, L30 6XT
Unit 20 Stephenson Way