You are here - Home
An exciting way to get the skills and qualifications employers really want
An alternative to sixth form or college
If you are already in a job, they offer you the chance to get training and qualifications whilst working We Offer Apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Machinist
- Maintenance Engineering
- Motor Vehicle
- Cabinet Making
- Electrical Installation
- Floor Covering
- General Construction Operative
Who can Apply?
Apprenticeships are available to all young women and young men who have the desire and ability to succeed.
You can apply if you are aged 16 to 24 and are
- Leaving School
- Leaving College
- Already in a Job
- or looking for work
What do they offer you?
- a paid job
- high quality training
- recognised qualifications needed for your job
- additional training courses or qualifications
- other important skills such as information technology, team work and problem solving
What qualifications will you get?
- Advanced Modern Apprenticeship NVQ Level 3, Functional Skills up to Level 4
- Foundation Modern Apprenticeship NVQ Level 2 Functional Skills up to Level 3
You can expect:
- a written commitment from your employer to your training and development
- your own training plan which clearly sets out how you will achieve your goals
- regular meetings to discuss your progress
- all the training, advice and help you need
What they lead to
- A Foundation Apprenticeship can lead to an Advanced Apprenticeship or other appropriate qualifications.
- Advanced Modern Apprenticeships can lead to higher level or professional qualifications.
They can even open the way to university. Either option will help you to progress in your job.